i'll bring the tupperware, you bring the plates

otherwise known as strategic picnic planning, i'm convinced that splenda is the devil's doing.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

beware of ---"the ultimate driving experience"


the latest for bmw from gsd&m in austin. needless to say, bob garfield hates it for plenty of reasons concluding that bmw's new campaign "is an idea that should have been killed."
ouch.
i suppose opting for a "company of ideas" slogan rather than the traditional flashy photographs of the sleek design, did not impress. after viewing the three tv ads, i've sided with bob. as original as it sounds in writing, there is something just horribly clichéd about the spineless executives that are shown- forever keeping the man down.

but enough about what i think- what do you think?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That article was scathing. Good link, bad campaign.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Hm, yeah, I've seen those spots, not so good. I don't remember any ideas like that when I saw the roughs, actually some pretty decent copy. Maybe these ads were an expression of some frustration of good ads killed, unfortunately this one was one that wasn't killed.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Hm, yeah, I've seen those spots, not so good. I don't remember any ideas like that when I saw the roughs, actually some pretty decent copy. Maybe these ads were an expression of some frustration of good ads killed, unfortunately this one was one that wasn't killed.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home